A lot of ’60s and ’70s vehicles had sloppy front end control. The stamped upper and lower control arms with rubber bushings flex a lot, over every bump and around every turn. Our bolt-in front coil over conversion system for AMC vehicles adds handling, safety, control and performance by controlling flex, managing spring travel, dampening harsh road conditions and correcting some of the factory geometry. The supplied tubular control arms include a fully adjustable upper control arm, allowing up to 6-degrees of positive caster. The tubular arms are made of seamless DOM steel, ball joint housings are custom CNC machined, and our bushings are custom polygraphite that will not squeak or prematurely wear. The adjustable upper control arm rod ends are chromoly and US-made. Ball joints are made by Moog. This system is a direct bolt-in and does not require any welding or cutting. There are other-coil over conversions in the marketplace, but ours is designed to carry the vehicle load correctly, just as the manufacturer intended. For example, the early AMC vehicles were designed to hold the vehicle weight on the upper control arm, and that’s where we keep it. Some of our competitors transfer the weight to the lower control arm, which was never designed to carry the weight of the vehicle.
Want performance, handling, control and safety in a true bolt-in package? With our system you get it all. Your front coil-over conversion system is complete …nothing else to buy:
- CNC precision cut and bent DOM seamless round tube upper & lower control arms
- Fully adjustable upper control arms – Up to 6-degrees of positive caster
- Gloss black powder coat
- CNC machined ball joint housings
- New Moog ball joints
- Double adjustable Viking coil-over shocks – USA made
- Viking correct high tensile steel springs
- Laser cut and CNC formed brackets
- New polyurethane spring isolators
- All Grade 8 hardware
- All parts packaged foam-in-place
- Complete instructions
- Direct bolt-in.
- No cutting or welding. Some drilling may be required.